A Festivus for the Rest of Us
Friday, December 18th, 2015
Minnesota Humanities Center
987 Ivy Ave. East, St. Paul
6:00 -- Social Time (cash-only bar)
6:45 -- Dinner
7:45 -- Entertainment
Registration deadline: December 8th
$35 for Dinner & Entertainment ($5 discount for dues-paying members of Humanists of MN or MN Atheists)
$10 for Entertainment Only
Join us for a fun secular celebration of the season!
Freethinkers are re-making the holiday based on the real reason for the season -- the WINTER SOLSTICE -- to create a FESTIVUS for the rest of us!
- Deck the Festivus Pole: Trim with gifts for Bridge for Youth (suggestions on flyer below)
- Festivus Activities: Airing of political grievances, Winter feats of strength, Secular caroling
- Mummers play performance: The Starry Messenger (starring Galileo with appearances from Buzz Light Year, Yoda and Spock)
Register ASAP -- Seating is limited!
Registration Deadline -- December 8th
Complete on-line registration and payment below, or print out the attached flyer and send it in with a check by Dec. 8th to Humanists of Minnesota P.O. Box 582997--Minneapolis, MN 55458-2997. For questions, contact Brad Bolin at 612-600-7352.
Choose one entree below. All entrees include soup, fresh seasonal vegetables, hot and cold beverages, and dessert.
- Tofu, Pepper and Zucchini Stuffed Mushroom (vegan) Diced tofu, zucchini, summer squash, and red peppers tossed with Worcestershire sauce, stuffed into a Portobello mushroom cap and roasted. Served with Arborio rice risotto.
- Oven-crisped Chicken with Maple-Vinegar Sauce (gluten free) A split chicken breast seared and oven roasted, basted with a tangy maple-vinegar sauce, topped with almonds, cranberries and leeks. Served with roasted potatoes.
Note: To purchase more than one meal, add the first one to the cart, then click 'Continue Shopping' on the following page. You'll then have the opportunity to add additional meal options. No PayPal account is required for purchase.